BREAKING NEWS: 2016 TASTING EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIP
The Sommeliers Australia Tasting Education Scholarship will again be held this year. Only offered every three years, this 3-day education programme is offered to ensure that the next generation of sommeliers receive the training and support required to successfully advance in the profession. A select few Scholars will have the incredible opportunity to develop their skills in tasting, assessment and articulation, using the best wines from around the world.
In 2016, for the first time, we will be running the Scholarship programme in both Melbourne and Sydney:
• Three intensive days in each city;
• 10 scholars in each city;
• The best wine in the world;
• An impressive list of guest tutors will join key Sommeliers Australia education committee members to deliver this programme;
• Scholars will also take part in an invaluable session of the renowned AWRI Faults and Taints workshop, commissioned specially by Sommeliers Australia. KEY DATES29 July
Applications close5 August
- Announcement of Scholars for each State10-12 September
– Melbourne 3-day coursework and examination17-19 September
– Sydney 3-day coursework and examination25 September
– State Duxes compete for title of National Dux at the Sommeliers Australia Ball, in Melbourne.
For more information and how to apply, CLICK HERE
2017 'SOMMIT' SCHOLARSHIP - APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN!
Sommeliers Australia and NZ Winegrowers are proud to launch the 2017 NZ Wine Sommelier Scholarship "Sommit" for Australian sommeliers, providing passionate wine ambassadors the opportunity to take part in a memorable wine experience across the ditch.About the scholarship
The successful applicants will engage with, and learn from, some of the greatest minds in the business while sampling hundreds of benchmark wines from New Zealand and the rest of the world on an intensive programme of up to 11 days incorporating flagship events on the national calendar. Two "Sommits" will be held in 2017, one in Auckland and one in Wairarapa. Successful applicants will attend one of the "Sommits" and a combination of the additional events: - The Sommit, Auckland
- The Sommit, Wairarapa
- Aromatics Symposium (Nelson)
- Pinot Noir NZ 2017 (Wellington)
- The Classics: Syrah, Merlot and Cabernet Symposium (Hawke's Bay)To apply
Open to working members of Sommeliers Australia, ten scholarships will be awarded and include international and domestic flights, accommodation, meals, transfers, event registration and all event inclusions.
Candidates are expected to have a strong passion for the wine industry and a thirst for knowledge of New Zealand wine. A selection committee will review all applications with a shortlist of candidates invited to take part in an interview.
Applications close 25 July 2016.
For any queries with regards to the scholarship, please contact the New Zealand Winegrowers Manager – Australia at firstname.lastname@example.orgCLICK HERE TO APPLY!Conditions
Applicants must be:
- Current financial members of Sommeliers Australia
- Actively working in the hospitality industry
- WSET Level 2 or above, or have demonstrable equivalent industry experience
- Available for travel from the 24th January to the 9th Feb 2017 to have an amazing New Zealand wine immersion.
LORENZO GALLI SCHOLARSHIP - APPLICATIONS CLOSED
Sydney - Monday 15 August
Melbourne - Monday 22 August
This year the Lorenzo Galli Fund will host a one day Scholarship programme in both Sydney and Melbourne. The late Lorenzo Galli was inspired to encourage, inform and help educate those in the pursuit of Italian wine knowledge and experience. This spirit is continued today through this Scholarship proudly presented by Sommeliers Australia, with thanks to Lorenzo's wife Pamela Galli.
An outstanding number of applications for both Sydney and Melbourne have been received, and are now being assessed. Applicants will be advised no later than Friday 22 July of their acceptance.
Best of luck to all applicants!
THE NATIONAL COMMITTEE
See who is on the current National CommitteeDETAILS
Competition, Symposium & Scholarship Dates for 2016
for all the dates of the Sommeliers Australia competitions and education events.2016 Ruinart Sommeliers' Challenge
Lorenzo Galli Scholarship
"Sommit" New Zealand Scholarshipplus details for the following:
Court of Master Sommeliers
La Chaine des Rotissuers Young Sommelier Competition
Vin De Champagne Awards
Twitter and Facebook
Don't forget to follow us on twitter @SommsAustralia
and "Like" us on Facebook
Got some news you'd like to share?
Drop us a email@example.com