2016 Tasting Education Scholars Announced!
After assessing the many applications submitted for the 2016 Tasting Education Scholarship, the assessment panel is very pleased to announce the following Scholars for the Melbourne and Sydney programmes:
Best of luck to all of you!
2017 'SOMMIT' SCHOLARSHIP
APPLICATIONS NOW UNDER ASSESSMENT
Sommeliers Australia and NZ Winegrowers are proud to launch the 2017 NZ Wine Sommelier Scholarship "Sommit" for Australian sommeliers, providing passionate wine ambassadors the opportunity to take part in a memorable wine experience across the ditch.
Candidates are expected to have a strong passion for the wine industry and a thirst for knowledge of New Zealand wine. A selection committee will review all applications with a shortlist of candidates invited to take part in an interview.
Applications closed on 25 July 2016.
For any queries with regards to the scholarship, please contact the New Zealand Winegrowers Manager – Australia at firstname.lastname@example.org
BREAKING NEWS: 2016 TASTING EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIP
The Sommeliers Australia Tasting Education Scholarship will again be held this year. Only offered every three years, this 3-day education programme is offered to ensure that the next generation of sommeliers receive the training and support required to successfully advance in the profession. A select few Scholars will have the incredible opportunity to develop their skills in tasting, assessment and articulation, using the best wines from around the world.
In 2016, for the first time, we will be running the Scholarship programme in both Melbourne and Sydney:
• Three intensive days in each city;
• 10 scholars in each city;
• The best wine in the world;
• An impressive list of guest tutors will join key Sommeliers Australia education committee members to deliver this programme;
• Scholars will also take part in an invaluable session of the renowned AWRI Faults and Taints workshop, commissioned specially by Sommeliers Australia. KEY DATES29 July
Applications close5 August
- Announcement of Scholars for each State10-12 September
– Melbourne 3-day coursework and examination17-19 September
– Sydney 3-day coursework and examination25 September
– State Duxes compete for title of National Dux at the Sommeliers Australia Ball, in Melbourne.
For more information and how to apply, CLICK HERE
THE NATIONAL COMMITTEE
See who is on the current National CommitteeDETAILS
Competition, Symposium & Scholarship Dates for 2016
for all the dates of the Sommeliers Australia competitions and education events.2016 Ruinart Sommeliers' Challenge
Lorenzo Galli Scholarship
"Sommit" New Zealand Scholarshipplus details for the following:
Court of Master Sommeliers
La Chaine des Rotissuers Young Sommelier Competition
Vin De Champagne Awards
Twitter and Facebook
Don't forget to follow us on twitter @SommsAustralia
and "Like" us on Facebook
Got some news you'd like to share?
Drop us a email@example.com